The AHBL and its services are provided AS IS with no warranty or guarantees. In simple terms, if use of our services causes you to lose e-mail or similar, we can not and will not be held responsible.
We expect you to use our services responsibly. We do not mind small companies or individuals using our services. However, if you are a medium/large/enterprise company/ISP that does more then 50,000 queries per hour, we ask that you contact us and arrange to host a public or private mirror. This helps keep the service fast and responsive for everyone.
All correspondence with the AHBL and it's staff members are considered a matter of record. We do not consider any correspondence to be confidential unless there is mutual agreement to conduct confidential communications.
We reserve the right to archive, publicly display, publish, and/or repost any correspondence or communication with us or with any staff member, including, but not limited to:
- Form Submissions (including removal requests)
- Postal Mail
- Voicemail (and transcripts thereof)
- Chat logs
- Newsgroup posts
- Recorded phone calls where the use of a recording device has been made known (and transcripts thereof)
- Legal Documents, regardless of how delivered
It is our policy that messages and other communications of a threatening nature are to be publicly posted.
This is a draft policy, and while it reflects our longstanding practice, it remains a draft and not official policy.
- We will not engage in behavior that would encourage lawsuits, nor will we be discouraged from actions consistent with our purpose and policy by the possibility of legal action.
- We will not be intimidated by threatened or actual legal action.
- We will not create bad precedent by caving in to demands or settling a lawsuit in a manner that goes against our policies, purpose, or principles.
- We will strive for the utmost transparency in any legal action. We will not agree to any terms requiring confidentiality in considering any settlement.
- We will not negotiate while under the threat of legal action. Normal channels for removal do not apply while under threat of lawsuit.
- We will maintain as part our our listing policy criteria which includes threatened or actual legal action against providers enforcing anti spam policies or against any blacklists, including the AHBL. Such listings will not be removed while legal action is ongoing.